Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Half Marathon Training Run 3.35

First run in Grove in a LONG time! Decided to do a run we used to do in high school up this road called Hillside Drive. I was reminded why I always despised this run back in my cross country and track days... The hills are steep! Not super steep but there is a decent incline and it goes on for almost the entire road. And I decided to do an out and back route, so 2 miles out and then 2 miles back home. The back home wasn't as bad because there was quite a bit more downhill, but I definitely felt the downhill in my lower back, so I'm sure that wasn't great. My first mile was 13:34, second was 12:24, third was 13:16, and fourth was 12:22. I suppose that's decent for the type of run it was, and as much as it sucked doing it, I miss longer hilly runs like this, since there aren't a lot of hills where I live in Salem. All in all a good run and looking forward to my 3 miler here in Grove tomorrow :)

Todays' stats = 4.00 miles in 51:37

No comments:

Post a Comment