Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My "jaunt" back into swimming

Sooo I have recently started doing lap swim at my gym... this is something I haven't done in YEARS... and by years I mean that I tried swim team and water polo in high school hoping to follow in the footsteps (or should I say arm strokes and leg kicks?) of my older sister who was on both teams.

Needless to say, neither one was for me.

For those of you who don't know (and those who do, even) I am a runner. I love running and I did track and cross country in high school.

However I have been going through a period of time where I have just NOT wanted to run. I cannot get myself motivated to do it, I don't desire to do it, and honestly even when I plan a run I do not look forward to it at all.

All of this being said, I started doing spin at my gym as a chance to try something new and branch out, and I am loving it. Butttt spin is only twice a week... That still leaves at least 4 days a week with nothing to do (if you don't count running, which lately I'm not).... Soooo I turned to the pool.

And let me just say... I am loving it! It is so nice and relaxing to just swim along, just meditating. Plus I know it is helping my cardiovascular fitness and it will be great for my lung capacity once I do (and I will) start running again...

1 comment:

  1. This is so cool! I joined the Y a couple months ago and now I go 3 days a week for water aerobics at 6am. It isn't lap swimming, but it is water and I seriously have noticed a change in my body since starting. I am hoping that this will get me comfortable in the water and maybe give me courage to take adult swim lessons and then learn to do laps, too!

    ReplyDelete