Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Women in the Word Wednesday #1

Today I am linking up with Good Morning Girls' Women in the Word Wednesday!

I recently joined an online Bible study with some fellow bloggers Brittany, Amanda, and AC.

GMG's Bible devotionals are focused on the book of Ephesians. However, I am currently in the midst of a 31 day devotional titled Fostering Hope. It is about foster children and foster families. While I was never a foster child or involved directly in a foster family, I do know many people who fall into one or both categories and I thought this devotional would help me in learning more about these wonderfully giving individuals and these individuals who have had many rough experiences in their lives.

Today's subtopic is "Heat"

A key part of my devotional was here... "some kids feel heat and pressure every single day. It doesn't go away when the seasons change. But it CAN be relieved when we are willing to be a refuge, a safe place for those around us who need it."

And the corresponding Bible verse is Isaiah 25:4 "But you are a tower of refuge to the poor, O Lord, a tower of refuge to the needy in distress. You are a refuge from the storm and a shelter from the heat. For the oppressive acts of ruthless people are like a storm beating against a wall"

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment