Thursday, June 7, 2012

Truth-Filled Thursday #3



Photobucket


My friend Brittany over at Three Years Down has recently started a weekly link-up she calls "Truth-Filled Thursday," in fact, this is her 6th week!

As Brittany says on her post... "The rules are the same as always - express his Word however you feel most inspired, be it simple text, a graphic or drawing. Include the button in your post." 


If you would like to participate in this link-up (which is awesome) go to her page and link-up. Let me know if you participate as I would LOVE to read your post!

Here is my set of verses for this week... For those of you who read my blog and are also participating in the Proverbs 31 summer study through Good Morning Girls, you should recognize this as today's verses. 


"look here, you who say, "today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit." How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog - it's here a little while, then it's gone. What you ought to say is, "if the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that."
- James 4:13-15

This set of verses really spoke to me that we should not put things off to tomorrow. Tomorrow is uncertain. While this is nothing new to me, I felt like it was timely to read these verses today. It reminded me that if there is something that God is speaking to me to do, I should do it now and today, and I should not wait. Applying this message to my life I came up with this simple line... I need to stop procrastinating on living my life! I need to stop putting things off. It has been VERY hard for me to not procrastinate on my life, largely because I am post-law school limbo while I try to pass this stupid Bar exam. Most attorneys don't want to hire me as an assistant, because they figure I will be gone when I pass (which isn't really true... have you been out in this economy?) and most other jobs worry that I am too "overqualified" and that once I find a job that I truly want, ie. in the legal field, that I will be fast out the door. Which is more true in looking at these two circumstances. Obviously. With my life being in limbo I am kind of putting things off to tomorrow, saying things like, I will do that "once I pass..." or "once this happens, then this can happen..." I need to stop putting off things to tomorrow. Granted, some of the things I can't do until I have passed, but other things I can.

1 comment:

  1. I read those verses last night, and every time I do they really put a lot of my life into perspective. Who are we to believe that we are in control of the whole world?

    I'm glad you're not letting the bar define you. God can use you in so many ways right now!

    ReplyDelete