Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Women in the Word Wednesday - 2012 Summer Study Wk 4

Photobucket

Today I am linking up with Good Morning Girls for "Women in the Word Wednesday"

Thursday, May 31st
**Missed my quiet time today

Friday, June 1st
- Genesis 24:15-20

I like this story and I think it is great how she fills the water happily. I think this goes along with the Proverbs 31 woman in that we should be happy and willing to help others. Even in tasks such as filling up water.

Monday, June 4th
- Proverbs 31:15
- Proverbs 5:3
- Mark 1:35
- Proverbs 31 book p.12-13

The reading for today was very insightful and eye opening. Considering I used to be a HUGE morning person, I still can't imagine waking before the sun, like the Proverbs 31 woman in verse 31:15. And now, it's VERY hard for me to get up early. Probably because I am such a night owl and tend to stay up much too late. I think that becoming a morning person again is a huge aspiration for me, especially once I have a job again. I would say that my lack of morning person-ness is largely tied to the fact that I have essentially been unemployed for over a year. I don't see much point in early rising if I have nothing that I am supposed to do! And I know I need to kick that mindset! So today I am praying for God's help at becoming more of a morning person again. I will admit that I do get more done when I rise early.

Tuesday, June 5th
- Proverbs 31:16

The verse was Proverbs 31:16 and the verse reads "she goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard." My first observation was that she does the work of inspecting things before making her purchases. She is thoughtful and thorough. She is self-sufficient in getting things done. I think this verse is empowering to me because it shows that as a woman you can make important decisions and you should. However, we do need to remember that we cannot just go into decisions willy-nilly, but like the Proverbs 31 woman we must consider before we buy. The Proverbs 31 woman has a dream and she follows it. Like her, I want to be able to follow my dreams.

I am praying again today for the Lord to help me to continue to try to rise early. Just because my good intentions failed today does not mean I should give up!

Wednesday, June 6th
- Proverbs 16:3
- Proverbs 21:15
- Proverbs 31 book p. 14-15

"Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed" - Proverbs 16:3

"Justice is a joy to the godly, but it terrifies evildoers" - Proverbs 21:15

From reading these verses it has reaffirmed to me that if you have a plan, you should pray to God for assistance. He will help you. Also, evildoers do not want justice because they will have to face their wrongs. I need to keep praying to God to help me reach my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I just recently endeavored to begin waking up early. I am not a morning person either. I have found that the best road to success is to go to bed on time and start small. So at first just get up about 30 minutes before usual. Or even do it in 5 minute increments so you body adjusts slowly.

    Mary Beth
    newlifesteward.com

    ReplyDelete