Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Women in the Word Wednesday #2

Today was my final day of my Fostering Hope devotional.

The topic of today's story and study was Old Made New.

It talked about how instead of just getting rid of things when they are old, why no rehabilitate them? It focused on foster children who were often products of cycles of abuse, drugs, and other criminal issues passed on by generation and generation. Instead of just letting these people go, the message was about helping them, directing them to better lives and showing them they don't just have to be caught up in these cycles.

The corresponding verse was Jeremiah 29:11 that is too powerful for me not to share "for I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, they are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

I love this verse.

It is extremely powerful.

I have to look at it a lot because I often wonder what God's plan is for my life. Why did I not pass the Bar the first time? Why did He think I should do it again? Why did He think I was strong enough to endure this all over again? What is the point in all of it? I have to step back and remind myself that He has a plan. It is not about MY plan. And whenever I feel like things are spinning out of control, I just try to remember that it is all in His plan. He has plans for my future and He has hope for my future.

Happy Wednesday to all of you!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment