Thursday, October 20, 2011

Just Closed... [Beauty Queens]

Beauty QueensBeauty Queens by Libba Bray

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


I really wanted to like this book more. I had heard such great reviews and even comparisons to one of my most favorite books "The Lord of the Flies." Sadly, this book, for me, fell flat. Thankfully it was a quick read, or I may not have finished it. I had kept thinking it would get better, but it didn't. I was also amazed at how much the book mentioned sex. For being a teenager book, that seemed a little excessive. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude, but I still can't remember sex ever just being used so gratuitously in the books that I read as a teen. However, I am reminded that this might have been the author's "way" of extending this book's "popularity" beyond the suggested "teen" crowd.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment