Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just Closed... [The Gin Closet]

The Gin ClosetThe Gin Closet by Leslie Jamison

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was so dark and depressing, but in a good way (if there is such a way that depressing and dark can be good). If so, this book epitomizes it! I had many times where I wanted to cry for the characters, the darkness and the depth of what was happening to them. In a way this book showed me that even if you think you have it bad, there is always someone who has it worse. Lastly, I like the way that the chapters rotated from Stella, to Tilly, back to Stella, and back to Tilly, and so on. It showed how they were both so different, but yeah so much the same, and the transitions were fluid and not jumpy where you get confused, as I have been known to do with some books I have read. While the ending was sad, and not happy like I might have liked, it still seemed to reach a fitting conclusion, and for that I was grateful.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment