Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Weight-Loss Wednesday #3

I'm back for week 3 of my weight-loss Wednesdays! If you haven't seen this weekly thing I am now doing, you can check out my first entry HERE. As I mentioned last week, I am going to be sharing Bob Harper's Skinny Rules over the course of the next 13 weeks and I am going to share my progress on meeting his rules and trying to incorporate them into my life! 

Last week I shared Rule 3. I have ate protein at every meal, just probably not as much protein as Bob would suggest. Sometimes I find it difficult, so I need to work on finding quick and easy ways to incorporate a good amount of protein into my daily meals.

All of that being said, I am now moving on to the next rule.

Rule #4 - Slash your intake of refined flours and grains

If they are at all “refined” they will make you fat. Even if they state that they are heart healthy, low fat, etc.

Grains are a lot like liquid calories once your body processes them.

Farro to barley are good grains that you soak.

Bread should say “whole grain wheat flour” or “sprouted whole wheat”

Check to see that no sweetener is included in the first five ingredients!

No more than ½ cup of brown rice at a time (will be hard for me)
 
Rule #5 - Eat 30 to 50 grams of fiber a day

Fiber is so important. Bob emphasizes that whole grain fiber diets are associated with lower BMIs. He highly recommends fruits and veggies with high fiber contents as well as some cereals and beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment