Thursday, January 12, 2012

Just Closed... [Want to go Private?]

Want to Go Private?Want to Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was extremely powerful and moving. I was unsure about it when I read the description, but ended up really enjoying it. Abby is a freshman in high school, she is going through a rough patch in her life with both her friends and her family. In this time she turns to a friend she makes online in a chatroom for teenagers who ends up being an internet predator. In an effort not to give away too much I will say that this book shows how easy it is for helpless teens and children to be swayed by predators who pretend to be their friends and pretend to care about them. I think this book should be required reading for children, especially as our world becomes more and more internet based. This shows the horrors that come along when sick and twisted individuals prey on children. What happens not only to the children, but to their families, their friends, their communities. I was finding myself staying up late into the night reading, just because I could not put it down.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment