Sunday, January 8, 2012

Back on the fitness wagon for the umpteenth time!

Seriously life, quit pushing me off!

Sooo as you readers probably noticed in a prior posting of mine, I have decided to get back into running training! Largely because I have a BIG half marathon coming up in May and largely because I haven't been able to keep consistent in a way that could even lend to me starting even the most beginner of half training plans (many of which highly recommend 2 months of regular training prior to beginning their plans)

All of that being said, I am back and I am ready to rock and roll! And most importantly, to RUN! So here is my schedule for this week, complete with progress made thus far, and what is scheduled for the remainder of the week!

Monday Jan 2
- Scheduled = Rest day
- Done = Rest :)

Tuesday Jan 3
- Scheduled = 30 minute "wog" - 5 min walk, 10 min jog, 5 min walk, 5 min jog, 5 min walk
- Done = 30 min wog at 2.10 miles total

Wednesday Jan 4
- Scheduled = 30 minute "wog" - 5 min walk, 10 min jog, 5 min walk, 5 min jog, 5 min walk
- Done = 30 min wog at 2.21 miles total

Thursday Jan 5
- Scheduled = 60 minutes cross training of my choice
- Done = 60 minutes stationary bike @ gym for total of 10.5 miles

Friday Jan 6
- Scheduled = 30 minute "wog" - 5 min walk, 10 min jog, 5 min walk, 10 min jog
- Done = 33:30 min "wog" - 5 min walk, 10 min jog, 5 min walk, 10 min jog, 3.5 min walk at 2.52 miles total

Saturday Jan 7
- Scheduled = 60 minutes cross training of my choice :)
- Done = short walk with Joe (not 60 min, maybe 15) 

Sunday Jan 8
- Scheduled = 35 minutes long "wog" - 5 walk, 10 run, 5 walk, 10 run, 5 walk
- Done = Rest day :(

Total miles ran/walked/jogged = 6.83 miles
Total miles biked =10.5 miles

My half is on Sunday May 20th and the training plan I would like to utilize is 12 weeks long... That means I need to start officially training on Monday Feb 27th (the day before the 2 day Bar exam... ick!) which gives me a little less than 2 months to get back to regular running and to get my endurance back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment