Sunday, April 22, 2012

Half Marathons past

I have done 2 half marathons. I have done the Run Like Hell half marathon in Portland, Oregon and the Eugene Half Marathon in Eugene, Oregon.

I did the RLH in October of 2010.

I did the EHM in May of 2011.

As I get closer to my next half marathon, the Rock n' Roll Portland Half Marathon, I have been thinking about paces and PRs.

As much as I would LOVE to PR in this upcoming half, I don't know if I will be able to from the pacing that I have been doing while training this time around.

Here are my stats from the past halfs.

Run Like Hell Half Marathon
- I finished in 2:51:51 which means I had an average pace of 13:07/mile

Eugene Half Marathon
- I finished in 3:20:04 which means I had an average pace of 15:17/mile

I trained adequately for the RLH, while I barely trained for EHM.

I have been training hard for this upcoming half, but my pace has been hovering around 12:30/mile on short runs and my long run yesterday was an average of 14:51/mile.

As much as I would LOVE to PR, I think my main goal for this half is to be under 3:00:00. Man I feel slow!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best in Eugene! I am TERRIBLE at spotting people when I get nervous in a crowd. So if you see me, say hello! I'll be in a yellow 'singlet', as those pro runners say. And also yellow compression socks and a skirt. My traditional braid will also be flowing from my head - possibly with a white visor. So there you go - stalk away and say hey! Who knows, we might find ourselves lined up right by each other without even trying!

    ReplyDelete