Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for... Variety

Today I was thinking about the letter "V" and what I could post on.

Immediately I thought about the well known and often used quote "variety is the spice of life."

I have used this quote very often and I like to think that I try to have a lot of variety in my life. 

However, the more I thought about it, I realized that I did not really know where the quote came from or what it really was intended to signify.

I decided to do a quick Google search and see what I could come up with.

According to Wiki and a couple other sites, the quote "variety is the spice of life" comes from British poet William Cowper from the 1700s (source).

Photobucket
 (source)

**This post is for the April A to Z Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. I also use this one a lot too, mainly because the words are very truthful...

    Variety in our lives is very much the spice of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great reminder to live life with spice and fun! :)

      Delete