Friday, April 20, 2012

Just Closed... [Divergent]

DivergentDivergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I zoomed through this book. It was a very quick read, fast paced, high energy story. In a society where we have lots of books looking at battles of kids, this one is different in the sense that it is looking at society as a whole and how society is divided into areas by type of person. I think it is fascinating to see how the author portrays the characters who have many different characteristics as divergent, and these people are ultimately frowned upon and disfavored. Aren't these the types of people the world should be striving to have? Why are they so segregated? It is a fascinating portrayal of sects and classes, put into a modern light and story. I cannot wait for Insurgent.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment