Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q is for... Quandary

Quan-da-ry noun \ˈkwän-d(ə-)rē\

Websters' Dictionary defines "quandary" as "a state of perplexity or doubt" 

Dictionary[dot]com defines it as "a state of perplexity or uncertainty, especially as to what to do; dilemma"

Now why did I choose this word for my letter Q? 

Was it because it is an interesting word? Yes. That is one reason. 

However, it is not the only reason. 

I feel that currently this is an accurate description of my life. 

I am literally in a QUANDARY

I am currently awaiting bar results and I am unemployed and looking for work. 

I had a job briefly, but was let go, which you can read all about here.  

I am upwards of 200k in debt after 4 years of undergraduate education, 3 years of law school, and 2 attempts at the Oregon Bar Exam. 

I need to pass the Bar and get a job. 

If only those two things were as easy as they sound. 

While I feel like I did better on the Bar this time around, I really cannot know for sure until the results come out. I just keep hoping that I am on the list! 

I have been applying for jobs like mad. Legal jobs, non-legal jobs, minimum wage jobs, etc. 

I am not being picky, at all. 

Employers, however, are. 

I'm either overqualified for nearly everything that I don't need a license for, or I'm underqualified for associate positions due to my lack of a license. 

Therefore, currently my life is in a quandary

**This post is for the April A to Z Challenge!

4 comments:

  1. that's a good illustration of what a quandary is. hope you manage everything okay:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying! It can be hard at times, but thankfully I am organized and a good planner, so I should be able to manage.

      Some days are harder than others but I'm just taking it one day at a time!

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Ack! Hope you get those results back SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get them on Friday! I have been waiting forever

      Delete