Tuesday, April 17, 2012

O is for... Obsessive Compulsive

While I do not have an official diagnosis for OCD, I am pretty sure I can safely self-diagnose myself with it. I am completely OCD about pretty much everything in my life. 

No joke. 

I would have to say that the most OCD-like characteristics come out when I am cleaning or around any sort of mess. 

It drives Joe nuts. 

We could be relaxing (which is extremely hard for me to do) and I find myself finding things to clean or little tasks to do, etc. 

Now don't get me wrong, I get extreme satisfaction from having things in order. 

Isn't this one of the warning signs? 

I try to just let things go but I physically cannot. 
 
**This post is for the April A to Z Challenge!

3 comments:

  1. I never realized that I had OCD tendencies until much later in life. I knew that everything had it's place and I was fine with that.

    Looking back at work, I remember that my favorite pens/pencils had not only a specific place on my desk, but a specific order. Oh yeah...OCD.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that with everything, not just work stuff. Everything is alphabetized, books, movies, cds, etc. I hate having any dishes in the sink, and I go nuts if our clothes hamper is even close to full!

      Delete
  2. I get like this, too. It's difficult to let go. When you're used to doing a million things at once, who can just relax? I try though.

    ReplyDelete